Artwork by Lupo Avanti
Featured here not long ago and further represented by the The Guardian in the UK, our Bay Area representative Chief Boima has just released something we teased at last time. Under the Dutty Artz banner, Boima has put together a remarkably fresh collection of Rap/Hip-Hop re-workings that utilize African rhythmic and melodic sensibilities. Song include Birdman (”Money To Blow” feat. Drake and Lil Wayne), Akon (”Right Now”), The Jacka (”Glamorous Lifestyle” feat. Andre Nickatina), Fabo & T-Pain (”Own Step”).
If this doesn’t quite fill your need for Chief Boima productions, keep your eyes peeled for his forthcoming Techno Rumba EP, out on Dutty Artz soon. The EP will feature Boima’s original productions and remix work from DJ/rupture & Matt Shadetek.
Chief Boima – African By the Bay EP (62mb Zip File)
01. Chief Boima – Shake Them Dreads
02. The Jacka – Glamorous Lifestyle feat. Andre Nickatina (Chief Boima Remix)
03. Sean Garrett – Smooches feat. Young Joc (Chief Boima Remix)
04. Birdman – Money To Blow feat. Drake and Lil Wayne (Chief Boima Remix)
05. Akon – Right Now (Nananana) (Chief Boima Mbalax Decale Remix)
06. YV – Own Step feat. T-Pain & Fabo (Chief Boima Remix)
07. Cold Flamez – Miss Me, Kiss Me (Chief Boima Remix)